- NEW EU LEGISLATION AFFECTING THE FOOD SERVICE INDUSTRY HAS BEEN IN FORCE SINCE 2006
- The new regulations for the EU including the UK came into effect on 1st January 2006
- One of the biggest changes is the need for all food businesses to have a working HACCP system
- The Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points system (HACCP) MUST be based on the requirements of the Codex Alimentarius Commission of the EU/WHO
- Caterers who do not know about this legislation and do nothing are not complying with the law and as such are working without due diligence
- What should be done? Provide knowledge in the following formats:-
- Create awareness through the industry media in form of interview exchange.
- This will promote the RC Associates initiative as the KEY
- Organise the possibility for company visits to explain the legislation and offer consultancy – for a fee!
- Provide Seminars on a Regional basis in conjunction with Hotel groups and Industrial/Institutional Caterers.
- Combine the legislation with the existing company operational guidelines so that they work as a practical guide for Caterers in combination with each other.
- Create a simple method of HACCP introduction as a first step to comprehension and implementation by all Caterers.
- Establish a method of consultation for independent companies.
- Establish a Helpline to provide advice and guidance in relation to consultancy and/Equipment use that can complies with the legislation.
Confused? We can help!
RC Associates – can provide you with all you need to comply.